The design and 3D printing of parts continues. This time, it’s the channels. After some experimentation, I made them a little bit larger than what appears on the plans. The tabs were added as an aid in attaching them to the hull.
Time for the quarterbadges. Here’s a nice big picture I took last year of the Sultana’s quarterbadge.
Here’s a shot on the Sultana looking forward. The rails at the bow are somewhat complicated. The knightheads stand proud on either side of the bowsprit. Working along the rail, there are three cleats, then the rail is broken by the cathead. After the cathead, there are seven timberheads, which are wider at the top.
Just a small update today. I produced and glued the rails at the lowest level.
The aft rails are next. Below is a picture of the Sultana with the rail stanchions marked. Middle stanchions are in pairs, and there are singles at each end. (At least, that’s what I assumed. The foremost may also be a pair, but I couldn’t see it clearly in any pictures, and I went with a single.)