I’ve decided to go with the bulkheads at the bow that are perpendicular to the false keel. I have added some extra pieces at the bow. Blue lines are fairing lines that will be scribed onto the pieces
I’ve been trying different ideas for how to deal with the bow.
The first option is fairly straightforward. There are holes in the bulkheads for the bowsprit. Blue lines are fairing lines that will be scribed on the parts.
Working on the transom this time. My goals include creating a strong surface that the end transom piece can be attached to. Also, I wanted to ensure that there is some open space behind the transom windows.
Here is the innermost piece.
Several bulkheads were added at the center of the ship. Because little to no fairing will be required, no fairing lines were identified for these bulkheads.
Before I add any more bulkheads, I think it’s a good time to cut out the notches for the masts and bowsprit. The kit-supplied dowels are 6.4mm in diameter for the masts and 5.15mm in diameter for the bowsprit. Tapering will be required above the deck, but I’m happy to leave them at full diameter within the hull.
I edit the sketch for the false keel. Rectangles are added with a width equal to the diameter of the dowel, then rotated and moved in position to line up with the masts on the inboard profile image.